Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Blues

I'm glad today is through with torturing me.

I woke up to discover that the fan on my computer had stopped working again.  I opened the case and pushed it back into place (it's loose), and it worked ... for 30 minutes.  /sigh  Ben says I have enough fans (I have 5), so I'm not opening that stupid case again.  It's not hard, just aggravating.


I went Christmas shopping, but someone's child in the store was making a noise that drove me crazy (odd stuff, that).  I'm not feeling 100%, but not sure what's wrong, so I guess that's why I couldn't handle the sound.  So, I left without finishing.  I get to panic next week about it all.  


I don't know if it's the rain, or the season, or what, but the number of people on the road phone-distracted is higher than usual.  I lost my mind behind one fellow who was driving with one foot on the brake.  He pulled such a dumb maneuver that I was forced to pass my usual turn to the house and go down to the next one. 


I also completely forgot that Rachel has Cookies & Cocoa with David from VFC today, and the minute I walked in the house, Rachel said, "we are only 1 minute late, so it's okay."  To make matters worse, I racked my brains trying to remember his address, and drew a great, big blank.  I had to call to ask, which made me feel bad since the event had already begun.

I then decided I'd go to the pharmacy to get my prep for a procedure I'm having done this week (a colonoscopy).  I thought (yeah, brilliant) that I'd drive there while Rachel was at her party.  It took me 40 minutes to get to the pharmacy and back to get Rachel.  I barely made it on time to retrieve her.  To complete the frustration, they didn't have my prescription.  Apparently, the office forgot to call it in.  They were apologetic, but it wasn't their fault.   

And the final blah of the night -- I was showing hubby something I bought for Miss Mary for Christmas, and when I set it back on the shelf in the display cabinet, the shelf gave way (it's glass), landed on the shelf below dislodging it (it's also glass), and every bit of that stuff came down on top of my left foot (it's not glass, but it's hurting).  The thing I bought shattered, and we also lost a plate that Rachel painted 3 years ago. So, now I'm limping and heart broken.


So, that was my day.  I share it so perhaps you can feel better about yours. :)

But despite all that, and as frustrating as it all was, I heard the LORD speak to my heart.  He was loud and clear.

He said, "you are busying yourself with things I've not called you to do.  Let them go."

I then had ideas pop into my head of things I can do that don't require frantic shopping, or running about, or anything of the sort.  Things I can do that are easy on me, on my family, and on my well-being.  


Which begs the real question -- why didn't I know about them before now?  Well, I guess that's the real lesson.  Maybe less rush-rush-rush and more being still.  Tragically, that's my greatest problem -- getting still. I'm self-distracting.

Sadly, I can't share my ideas cause those who will benefit can read this. :)  I'll have to revisit this perhaps at some future date.

Psalm 46:10 NASB
"Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Blessings,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! But, please keep comments edifying and constructive. I don't want to delete anything! :)